June 25, 2013 § Leave a comment
Carmen Achu (born 28th, October 1990), known as Phila Mayne (stage name) is a young and aspirant Afro/RnB/Hiphop songwriter and artist in Cameroon, who has made music his first wife. His passion for music gave rise to his very first hit single “Sumtin” which was released by Next Generation Music, in close collaboration with Sound Slave Record.
He is signed under Next Generation Music
August 11, 2011 § 1 Comment
It’s hardly shocking news that some on the Internet hate Rebecca Black. With her “Friday” video getting well over a hundred million hits on YouTube, it’s no surprise she has a few in-person haters, too. Unfortunately, among them are some of Black’s schoolmates. Their taunting has finally resulted in Black being pulled from school.
Black’s mother has decided to home school the 14-year-old from now on, a new decision which also allows more time to focus on her daughter’s career. But the teen seems zen about her alarming circumstances. The online anti-Rebecca comments became so violent at one point the FBI became involved when Black started receiving death threats. But now that the bullying has branched off the internet and into her real life, Black has been forced to act.
In an interview set to air tonight, Wednesday, on ABC, Black opens up about the real-life, non-Internet-based criticism she receives. “When I walk by, they’ll start singing ‘Friday’ in a really nasally voice,” she tells ABC. “Or, you know, they’ll be like, ‘Oh hey, Rebecca, guess what day it is?'”
If anything, Black is a poster child for how to handle sudden online fame and scrutiny. The teen has a remarkably thick skin. Perhaps she is more fit for fame than anyone is willing to admit.
“I’ve had a lot of experience with not being liked and all that,” she tells ABC. “I think if I hadn’t had to deal with that in the past, then I totally would have handled this differently and I would have gone down in burning flames. But I’ve learned that you just can’t let it get to you.”
Now, she says, fans surround her wherever she goes, and she travels with her own entourage of a publicist, manager, stylist, and, yes, bodyguard. Not letting the spotlight dim on her just yet, her “My Moment” follow-up video has reached more than 22 million views in the past three weeks (YouTube even gave her a “Rebecca” account name). She recently performed “Friday” onstage at Katy Perry’s concert (and appeared in Katy’s “Last Friday Night” video), and she counts Lady Gaga as a fan. While Black has only made enough money to cover her future college tuition–and she’s certainly spending more than that on videos and career nurturers right now–she’s one of the few online sensations who could successfully harness the unending power of haters to her own advantage.
Rebecca Black’s interview airs tonight on the “Primetime Nightline: Celebrity Secrets” special “Underage and Famous” at 10/9c on ABC.
Source: Yahoo News
- 14-Year-Old YouTube Sensation Rebecca Black Drops Out Of School Due To Bullying (thenewspundit.com)
- Rebecca Black: Bullies Drove Me Out of School (newser.com)
- Silicon Alley Insider: 14-Year-Old YouTube “Sensation” Rebecca Black Drops Out Of School Due To Bullying (businessinsider.com)
May 10, 2011 § Leave a comment
April 8, 2011 § 1 Comment
It registered 7.1 on the Richter scale and struck 40 miles east of Sendai along the same fault line as last month’s quake.
We take a look at several theories as to what could have caused the bizarre phenomenon, from the plausible to the wacky, and get some insight from an expert seismologist.
The most widely circulating explanation is that this was an ‘earthquake light’ – literally a light that appears in the sky during times of seismic activity.
There have been a number of recorded instances of these – at Kalapana in 1975, L’Aquilla in 2009 and Chile in 2010 – but the phenomenon is not universally accepted in the scientific community.
Dr David Robinson, an earthquake researcher at Oxford University, told Yahoo! News one reason why these might happen.
“The idea is that just before an earthquake, you might get some build up of stress just prior to the event.
“People have invented all kinds of mechanisms whereby this stress gets released as an electromagnetic excitation of the upper atmosphere, which can cause things like lights appearing, similar to the Northern Lights.”
The problem with this theory, said Dr Robinson, was that no-one has yet come up with a plausible reason for why this actually happens. “Anything which is caused by an unknown mechanism is dubious,” he said.
A second issue is that while there have been several recorded instances of ‘earthquake lights’, they don’t happen during every earthquake.
“There are satellites up there that record every thunderstorm that happens on earth. If you’re getting something similar to a flash of lightning during an earthquake then they’re going to measure it, but that’s not happening.”
There are a couple of other explanations that could explain this though. The first concerns quartz. When tectonic plates containing the mineral rub against each other, they create intense electric fields (called piezoelectricity). This could manifest itself as flashes of light.
A second, tantalizing possibility is these lights could actually predict upcoming quakes. This theory suggests that before a quake, the ground ‘exhales’ radon, which results in light emissions in the atmosphere. Dr Robinson says this is “clutching at straws” though.
He doesn’t rule out earthquake lights, but feels the subject needs more study.
“Just because they can’t be explained doesn’t necessarily make them not true. But until anyone comes up with a plausible mechanism it will be on the fringes of earthquake study.”
Another possible theory for the burst of light is that it was some kind of electrical explosion. It’s been speculated that the flash was an electrical transformer exploding after being struck by the quake.
During Thursday’squake 3.6million homes in North East Japan area lost power, traffic signals and road lights also stopped working. 900,000 houses were still affected on Friday afternoon.
A spokesman for the Tohuku Electric Power Company said six power plants in the area went down after the tremor and power lines throughout the area were damaged, making this explanation a possibility.
A US ‘superweapon’
We’re into the outlandish territory now. Many commentators, including oddball conspiracy theorist David Icke, have said the footage was evidence of ‘Haarp’ (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program).
Based in Alaska, this weather program was set up by the US Air Force, Navy and University of Alaska to research the upper atmosphere (the ionosphere) with a view to improving satellite communication.
Some have speculated that Haarp can physically change weather conditions, and the project’s been blamed for triggering floods, hurricanes, droughts, the earthquakes in Haiti and Pakistan and even Gulf War Syndrome. Mind control is another one of its supposed capabilities.
Suffice to say the events in Japan have also been attributed to this ‘superweapon’ – with former governor of Minnesota and pro-wrestler Jesse Ventura telling Piers Morgan recently:
“The US’s HAARP weapon system can cause natural disasters, including earthquakes and tsunamis like the one that happened in Japan.”
Whenever grainy handheld footage of a glowing light in the sky surfaces, it’s only a matter of time before it’s held up as evidence of UFOs. This video is no exception.
A quick YouTube search reveals a spate of alien sightings in the build up to the Japan earthquake, with little green men spotted above Kyoto and the Sakurajima Volcano. Even Chinese news agency Xinyua reported UFOs flying over Mount Fuji in February.
An alien spacecraft was also spotted during recent Japanese news coverage of the Earthquake, but this was later confirmed to be a helicopter.
Written by Orlando Parfitt
Source: Yahoo News
- Is This the Age Of Giant Quakes? (abcnews.go.com)
- Strange new light before latest Japan earthquake (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- US Secret weapon HAARP , caused latest Japan’s Earthquake and Tsunami (jafrianews.com)
- Seismic Activity Graph is Lighting up 3-22-11 (lebs295.wordpress.com)
- HAARP and Weather Control (motherspirit1.wordpress.com)
- Was Japan Tsunami Caused by HAARP (urbanintell.com)
- Another Blow on Japan!! (lebs295.wordpress.com)
- Magnitude 7.4 quake hits off Japan, tsunami warning issued (Update) (gcaptain.com)
- New quake rocks Japan (blogs.nature.com)
- Analysis: Tokyo needs quake plan rethink after Japan disaster (reuters.com)
- VIDEO: Japan hit by new earthquake (bbc.co.uk)
- The Conspiracy Theory Bomb Threat AKA World Ending Apocalypse Theories: Haarp Conspiracy Theory (socyberty.com)
March 31, 2011 § Leave a comment
“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”
~John Stuart Mill (1806 – 1873)
Clearly those true and impressive words are lost on this person:
To this man (and I use that the term “man” loosely) all blood shed to protect and defend the freedoms we enjoy (and often take for granted) in America has no value. His freedom itself, according to his sign, has no value. The life he lives in America, has no value.
He has no respect for the lives lost to ensue others, including himself, can enjoy a life free from oppression.
As far as I’m concerned, his existence has no value.
Update: As stewie in comments points out, peace has no value without freedom. Ask anyone living in a totalitarian country.
Source: Jawa Report
- Greens support free expression only when it suits (homepaddock.wordpress.com)
- Mill’s Nation (lifeexaminations.wordpress.com)
- “If John Stuart Mill were around today, he would likely ask, ‘When did Bob Wright and the left turn against free speech?'” (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Quote Unquote (logicandimagination.wordpress.com)
- John Stuart Mill On Government Power (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- The Crazy Guy on the Diag (lifeexaminations.wordpress.com)
- links for 2011-03-27 (martinandrade.wordpress.com)
- You might be a Redneck if? (votingamerican.wordpress.com)
- Freedom, a postscript (whisperinggums.wordpress.com)
- Freedom and Virtue (aleksandreia.wordpress.com)
March 29, 2011 § 6 Comments
Prediction is not hard science but she was right before and may very well be again.
Other people like Jim Berkland sees the signs of a California quake as well.
Think what you want of it, but I thought I’d share it here and give you a heads-up at least my California friends.
On a sincere note, I really wonder where all these predictions will take the world to.
- Jim Berkland Predicts Earthquake in California (techeblog.com)
- Jim Berkland Predicts a Major Earthquake in North America Imminent: ‘Ring of Fire’ Affect (bluestarchronicles.com)
- Earthquake predicted for California (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Another major earthquake within the next 6 days? (ktwop.wordpress.com)
- Exclusive!!!!Guy who predicts Natural Disasters!!! (lebs295.wordpress.com)
- March 2011: Jim Berkland – A Major Earthquake in North America Imminent between the dates of March 19th and 26th (theboldcorsicanflame.wordpress.com)
- Incredible Tsunami Footage Captured by Ship Captain (techeblog.com)
- Supermoon Explained (techeblog.com)
- Supermoon Pictures, Video Hit the Internet (techeblog.com)