October 25, 2011 § Leave a comment
October 25, 2011 § 1 Comment
Apparently someone in the Libyan resistance didn’t get the memo.
Interim leader Mustafa Abdel Jalil said on Sunday, during his speech to the nation in Benghazi to formally declare the country’s liberation from the ousted regime of Moammer Kadhafi, that sharia would be Libya’s principal law.”Any law that violates sharia is null and void legally,” he said, citing as an example the law on marriage passed during the slain dictator’s 42-year tenure that imposed restrictions on polygamy, which is permitted in Islam.
“The law of divorce and marriage… This law is contrary to sharia and it is stopped,” Abdel Jalil said.
…”It’s shocking and insulting to state, after thousands of Libyans have paid for freedom with their lives, that the priority of the new leadership is to allow men to marry in secret,” said Rim, 40, a Libyan feminist who requested anonymity.
The Muslima is out of order. She needs to get back in the kitchen until her Daddy decides who’s she is going to marry.
But all kidding aside there really is no way for Sharia to comply with universal human rights, as well as rights for women, minorities, due process and transparency. They are oil and water.
For the record I don’t agree with the Shaira BS they slipped into the Iraqi and Afghanistan constitutions either.
- Libya: Human rights – what role do they have in the country’s future? (appablog.wordpress.com)
- Sharia law declaration raises fears among women in new Libya (news.nationalpost.com)
- Shariah law declaration raises concerns in new Libya (calgaryherald.com)
April 17, 2011 § 2 Comments
I think the old dude is hiding his prayer bump/bruise, just sayin…
Via Herald Sun
ISLAMIST protesters armed with swords, daggers and bats have attacked police in the Jordanian city of Zarqa, wounding 51 of them, as 32 other police suffered from tear gas inhalation, the country’s police chief said.
Lieutenant General Hussein Majali told a news conference: “Fifty-one policemen, including senior officers, were stabbed with knives, beaten with bats or hit with sharp tools, while 32 other policemen were treated for tear gas inhalation”.
He said: “Eight civilians were also hurt when police fired tear gas and tried to stop Islamist Salafist demonstrators from attacking shoppers in Zarqa”, adding that 17 protesters were arrested and police are searching for more people.
“It was clear that the demonstrators had plans to clash with police. They carried swords and daggers and were provocative, seeking to drag police into a bloody confrontation.”[More]All the peaceful salafists want is Sharia Law, that’s all.
Oh, and their buds accused of terrorism sprung from the pokey (cornhole) place.
Source: Jawa Report.
- Islamists Clash With Supporters of Jordan’s King (nytimes.com)
- New Wave Of Jordan Protests Leaves Dozens Injured (huffingtonpost.com)
- Dozens wounded as protesters clash in Jordan (sfgate.com)
- Jordan: Islamic supremacists attack police, shoppers with swords, daggers (jihadwatch.org)
- Dozens wounded in Jordan clashes (bbc.co.uk)
- Jordan police questions 70 Muslim militants (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
April 7, 2011 § Leave a comment
When wives are set on fire for their dowry
At least 249 women were killed in 2010. Out of anger or vengeance, husbands throw kerosene on their wives and set them on fire. The problem is widespread despite the fact that Islamic law, which is in place in Bangladesh, requires would-be husbands to pay a price for their future wives[…]
Under the existing dowry system, a bride’s family must pay her future groom a sum of money. The practice first appeared some 50 years ago. Before that, would-be husbands had to pay instead a ‘bride price’ to the woman’s family in accordance with Islamic law. The change appears to be the result of an imbalance in the country’s demography, as there were more women than men of marriageable age at that time. For example in 1950, the population of women of marriageable age was 10 per cent more than that of eligible men; by 1975, the percentage had risen to 43.
However, men do not necessarily demand a dowry before marriage; in some cases, they do it afterwards to assert their authority over their wives when the latter do not obey. Violence can ensue in a number of situations in a society where tradition places the husband in a position of superiority.[Emphasis mine..ed]
Not all families are willing or financially capable of paying a dowry for their daughters, a situation that some husbands see as an insult that calls for vengeance.
This kind of tragedy occurs in both big cities and small villages, among upper middle classes as well as the poor. A few months ago for instance, a university professor was killed over her dowry.
Note: No Qu’ran was burned…just sayin..
Source: Jawa Report
- Dowry Deaths in India (mixingplatforms.wordpress.com)
- Dowry : An Islamic Perspective (brighthub.com)
- >Majority of dowry cases are false: SP (jsgoria.wordpress.com)
- Dowry wars: The big issue that has India divided (independent.co.uk)
- Voice of The Campaign at William Mason High School, U.S.A. (genderbytes.wordpress.com)
- Honor Killings and Infanticides: Attacks on Muslim Women! (erasetheneed.wordpress.com)
- Revolutionary Women’s (MLM) Movement Formed in Bangladesh (robertlindsay.wordpress.com)
- Divorce is on the rise in India, but archaic laws leave women of all classes cast aside (theglobeandmail.com)
- Violence in Bangladesh over new equality law (thecagegilded.wordpress.com)
- Take The ‘War on Dowry’ Pledge! (genderbytes.wordpress.com)
March 22, 2011 § Leave a comment
The Sharia Law deprives women and minorities of their human rights and is a form of Slavery by those it affects, for instance in Pakistan and Afghanistan. If seen as a form of Slavery, what is the West doing about it?? Women see the need for liberty from such cruel acts of Religion.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
What’s your Take???
- Your Future: “A Servant of Islam” (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- The Rescuers (indigenist.blogspot.com)
- Liberty at Risk III (covert2.wordpress.com)
- Your future is being a servant to a jihadi in MEAC mind (avideditor.wordpress.com)
- Liberty at Risk III (storeddata.wordpress.com)