April 10, 2011 § 2 Comments
Really as bad as this:
Highly respected evangelical pastor John Piper made a startling yet insightful comment Tuesday when he compared the burning of the Islamic holy book to crucifying Christ.His comment comes amid reports that at least 24 people have died, including seven United Nations employees, in Afghanistan since Friday over the burning of the Koran by a fringe Florida pastor in March.
It wasn’t a burning of the Quran, it was the burning of a Quran. There are millions like it. Paper with ink printed on it. Easily duplicated and replaced. Unlike the life of a human being.
Pastor Piper will make a splendid dhimmi.
Source: Jawa Report
- 2 of 11 Killed in Deadly Attack on U.N. Office at Koran-Burning Protest Were Beheaded (lebs295.wordpress.com)
- Welsh politician arrested for Quran burning (cbsnews.com)
- Send Pastor Terry Jones to Afghanistan to Burn a Quran (secularnewsdaily.com)
- John Piper: ‘Koran-burning is parallel to Christ-crucifying’ (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- Guess What Happens If You Burn A Koran In The UK (businessinsider.com)
- Afghan riots, killings over Quran-burning continue (secularnewsdaily.com)
- Pastor Burns Quran, 8 UN Workers Die As A Result? (michellegilstrap.wordpress.com)
- Qur’an burning – What I think (thestudentreview.co.uk)
April 7, 2011 § Leave a comment
When wives are set on fire for their dowry
At least 249 women were killed in 2010. Out of anger or vengeance, husbands throw kerosene on their wives and set them on fire. The problem is widespread despite the fact that Islamic law, which is in place in Bangladesh, requires would-be husbands to pay a price for their future wives[…]
Under the existing dowry system, a bride’s family must pay her future groom a sum of money. The practice first appeared some 50 years ago. Before that, would-be husbands had to pay instead a ‘bride price’ to the woman’s family in accordance with Islamic law. The change appears to be the result of an imbalance in the country’s demography, as there were more women than men of marriageable age at that time. For example in 1950, the population of women of marriageable age was 10 per cent more than that of eligible men; by 1975, the percentage had risen to 43.
However, men do not necessarily demand a dowry before marriage; in some cases, they do it afterwards to assert their authority over their wives when the latter do not obey. Violence can ensue in a number of situations in a society where tradition places the husband in a position of superiority.[Emphasis mine..ed]
Not all families are willing or financially capable of paying a dowry for their daughters, a situation that some husbands see as an insult that calls for vengeance.
This kind of tragedy occurs in both big cities and small villages, among upper middle classes as well as the poor. A few months ago for instance, a university professor was killed over her dowry.
Note: No Qu’ran was burned…just sayin..
Source: Jawa Report
- Dowry Deaths in India (mixingplatforms.wordpress.com)
- Dowry : An Islamic Perspective (brighthub.com)
- >Majority of dowry cases are false: SP (jsgoria.wordpress.com)
- Dowry wars: The big issue that has India divided (independent.co.uk)
- Voice of The Campaign at William Mason High School, U.S.A. (genderbytes.wordpress.com)
- Honor Killings and Infanticides: Attacks on Muslim Women! (erasetheneed.wordpress.com)
- Revolutionary Women’s (MLM) Movement Formed in Bangladesh (robertlindsay.wordpress.com)
- Divorce is on the rise in India, but archaic laws leave women of all classes cast aside (theglobeandmail.com)
- Violence in Bangladesh over new equality law (thecagegilded.wordpress.com)
- Take The ‘War on Dowry’ Pledge! (genderbytes.wordpress.com)
April 4, 2011 § 1 Comment
Afghan insurgent eyed as ringleader
An Afghan insurgent from one of the country’s hotbeds of militancy is thought to be the ringleader of a bloody attack Friday on a United Nations compound as hundreds protested the purported burning of a Koran by a Florida pastor.
At least 11 people, including seven foreigners, were killed in the storming of the U.N. compound in the northern Afghanistan city of Mazar-i-Sharif. Two of the foreigners were beheaded, Reuters reported[Emphasis mine..ed]
The demonstration in Mazar-i-Sharif turned violent when some protesters grabbed weapons from the U.N. guards and opened fire, then mobbed buildings and set fires on the compound, officials said. Demonstrators also massed in Kabul and the western city of Herat for peaceful demonstrations.
Afghan authorities announced the arrest of more than 20 people, including a militant from Kapisa province who they suspect was the ringleader of the assault, said Rawof Taj, deputy provincial police chief. Further information about the suspects wasn’t immediately available.[…]
U.N. peacekeeping chief Alain LeRoy said the top U.N. envoy in Afghanistan, Staffan De Mistura, who is in Mazar-i-Sharif, believes “the U.N. was not the target.”
“They wanted to find an international target and the U.N. was the one there in Mazar-i-Sharif,” LeRoy told reporters at U.N. headquarters in New York.ROPMA
Source: Jawa Report.
I will admit that Islam is becoming something else in the World. Beheading non-Islamic!?!? hmm there’s something seriously going wrong.
- Afghan Riots Spread Over Quran Burning (online.wsj.com)
- UN envoy describes deadly attack on Afghan compound (ctv.ca)
- UN Envoy Details How Employees Were Killed During Quran Burning Protest In Afghanistan (huffingtonpost.com)
- Taliban uses burned Quran as weapon (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- U.N. Workers Hid to Escape Afghan Protestors (foxnews.com)
- UN envoy: Workers killed running from bunker (boston.com)
- UN envoy: UN workers killed running from bunker (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- UN envoy: UN workers killed running from bunker (sfgate.com)
- You: UN envoy in Afghanistan gives harrowing account of how 7 UN workers killed (washingtonpost.com)
- UN envoy: UN workers killed running from bunker (foxnews.com)
March 13, 2011 § 1 Comment
You read that headline correctly.
This video is clips from several different Islamic debates about whether wife-beating is acceptable under Islam. During one part, a Muslim laughs at a man who said an honorable man would never beat his wife, and then replies, “I laughed at the claim that an honorable man doesn’t beat (his wife), because only an honorable man would beat her. There are disciplinary beatings that are permitted by Islam, which are practiced by honorable men.”
Islam respects a woman so much its better to beat her, abuse her, or kill her than to allow her to have her own life, lest she might mess up and displease Allah.
I’m not really surprised some men convert to Islam. There are evil people in the world, so it makes sense to embrace a “religion” that promises salvation and paradise to those who commit evil. Why not embrace a faith that elevates your status above all other humans and places you just short of a god? If you have no humanity or common decency, why not embrace the only conventional “religion” that gives you the authority – and the duty – to maintain other human beings as slaves?
But why on earth would a woman willingly convert to Islam? The very best she could hope for is to be treated like a pet in this life, and then, if she is deemed worthy enough to enter paradise, live as a perpetual virgin to be raped over and over and over for all eternity.
I just don’t understand it.
Source: The Jawah Report.
- Love beating your wife (ruwaydamustafah.com)
- How I Came To Love The Veil (hazazean.com)
- “Moderate” Muslim Beheader Gets Life (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Life sentence for man who beat wife to death (cbc.ca)
- Common misconceptions about Islam (babybubu.wordpress.com)
- Was This an “Honor Killing”? (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Egypt’s New Hitler (tea-party-patriot.com)
- United Arab Emirates: Man May Beat Wife, Children As Long As No Marks (civilrightsandwrongs.wordpress.com)