April 17, 2011 § Leave a comment
Shanna Bukhari gets some pretty nasty messages through Facebook, she says. They call her a “dirty Muslim.” They say England is a “white nationality country” and she shouldn’t be allowed to represent it.
But that’s just what she hopes to do at the Miss Universe beauty contest this year. If the Manchester, England-based fashion model wins the British contest next month, Bukhari will become the first Muslim to represent Britain at the international contest.
The idea isn’t going down well with everyone – Bukhari says she has gotten hate mail from across the board.
“I’ve had racists, I’ve had a minority from Muslim community, I’ve had it from all religions and all communities that dislike what I’m doing,” she said.
The most upsetting messages, she said, are video links suggesting she should be murdered.I would imagine that would be upsetting….
But then again that’s the terrorist answer to everything, kill it.
Vote via Telephone
To vote from a landline phone. Please call 0901 293 7997 and press the contestants two digit number as shown below the photograph when prompted.
DIAL: 0901 293 7997 THEN PRESS: XX
Votes cost £1.02. Votes from mobiles may vary.
Vote via SMS/Text
To vote from a mobile phone via SMS. Please text the contestant’s name EXACTLY as shown below the photograph to 81118. Use spaces and hyphens between the first and second names or any middle names as shown. It is not case sensitive.
TEXT: XXXXXXXXXX T0: 81118
Votes cost £1.00 plus standard network charge.Looky at that Emma Blythe….oh my….
I’ve a couple more pics below the fold. From what I can see Shanna is pretty modest despite the talk. I mean the Shanna Bukhari+bikini search wasn’t very productive. I got one. I hope its real. Dear Allah let that be real.
Anyway the official Jawa Report editorial position on this issue is as follows.
You must vote for Shanna otherwise we may suffer a terrible tragedy, there may never be enough Shanna Bukhari+bikini images to keep the masses pacified.
Source: Jawa Report
- British Muslim who entered Miss Universe contest receives death threat (guardian.co.uk)
- Something New: British Banger Shanna Bukhari Will Be The First Muslim To Represent In The 2011 Miss Universe Competition! [Pics] (bossip.com)
- Video: British Muslim Beauty Queen Harassed, Threatened (shoppingblog.com)
- Miss Universe: Shanna Bukhari hopes to be first Muslim to represent Britain (dailymail.co.uk)
- Miss Philippines Universe Title Won by Shamcey Supsup (socyberty.com)
- Miss Universe Ng Buhay Ko (hazelaude.wordpress.com)
- Muslim Miss GB hopeful: I’m proud (thesun.co.uk)
April 10, 2011 § 2 Comments
Really as bad as this:
Highly respected evangelical pastor John Piper made a startling yet insightful comment Tuesday when he compared the burning of the Islamic holy book to crucifying Christ.His comment comes amid reports that at least 24 people have died, including seven United Nations employees, in Afghanistan since Friday over the burning of the Koran by a fringe Florida pastor in March.
It wasn’t a burning of the Quran, it was the burning of a Quran. There are millions like it. Paper with ink printed on it. Easily duplicated and replaced. Unlike the life of a human being.
Pastor Piper will make a splendid dhimmi.
Source: Jawa Report
- 2 of 11 Killed in Deadly Attack on U.N. Office at Koran-Burning Protest Were Beheaded (lebs295.wordpress.com)
- Welsh politician arrested for Quran burning (cbsnews.com)
- Send Pastor Terry Jones to Afghanistan to Burn a Quran (secularnewsdaily.com)
- John Piper: ‘Koran-burning is parallel to Christ-crucifying’ (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- Guess What Happens If You Burn A Koran In The UK (businessinsider.com)
- Afghan riots, killings over Quran-burning continue (secularnewsdaily.com)
- Pastor Burns Quran, 8 UN Workers Die As A Result? (michellegilstrap.wordpress.com)
- Qur’an burning – What I think (thestudentreview.co.uk)
March 31, 2011 § Leave a comment
Why does this not surprise me? Maybe it’s because I have taken the time to learn a bit about Islam, which any person visiting an Islamic country or region should do.
Apparently, this woman did no research at all. Or, if she did, she accepted the PC mainstream media version.
From news.au.com (all emphasis mine):
Ms Gali, a salon manager at the resort, said she had been in the staff bar, where she was told she could legally drink, when another employee put ice in her drink.She said it was the last thing she remembered before waking the next day in her room with painful injuries.
“I didn’t know what had happened. I was traumatized, I felt ill. I didn’t even remember getting there or what had happened,” Ms Gali said.
She said it was only when she took herself to hospital did she realise she had been sexually assaulted.
Later she learned she had been heard screaming and security guards had found men hiding in her room, where she was naked and unconscious.
When she was discharged from hospital she was asked to go to a police station to make a statement and then speak in front of a judge.
“I realised when I was put in a police car that I was being taken to jail.”
Ms Gali said she was never warned by her UAE employers that she could be charged with adultery and face prison if she complained of being raped, without having four adult male Muslim witnesses.
“I didn’t even know what the charges were until five months into my sentence,” Ms Gali said.
Three of the men Ms Gali claimed sexually abused her were jailed, but for adultery and not rape.
After serving eight months of a 12-month sentence, Ms Gali was pardoned and released and flew home in March 2009.
She did not deserve what happened to her. But that doesn’t excuse her own lack of responsibility. In today’s internet age of instant information, there is no excuse for anyone to go ignorantly into harm’s way. The Islamic law that citizens and visitors are subjected to in any Islamic society – including the most “moderate” – is available to anyone with internet access.
You just have to be willing to seek the truth and not get sidetracked by political correctness.
BTW, didn’t the “Sex in the City” gals go to the UAE to tell us how erotically wonderful it was there?
Source: Jawa Report
- Woman, 29, sues UAE hotel after rape then JAILED for sex outside of marriage (dailymail.co.uk)
- Woman, 29, sues UAE five-star hotel after she was raped… then JAILED for having sex outside of marriage (dailymail.co.uk)
- Is Marginally Winning: Drugged, raped, then jailed for ‘adultery’ | smh.com.au (m.smh.com.au)
- Brisbane woman sues UAE hotel (news.theage.com.au)
- Rape victim sues UAE luxury hotel (news.theage.com.au)
- George Galis la TVRi (Bucuresti 2009)…faze din Biblioteca (rodiagnusdei.wordpress.com)
- Bangladeshi 14-year old girl raped by cousin, charged under sharia, lashed to death (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
- Cleric jailed for raping young boy (mirror.co.uk)
- Because Only An “Honorable” Man Would Beat His Wife (lebs295.wordpress.com)
- Brisbane rape victim sues luxury hotel (news.ninemsn.com.au)
March 31, 2011 § 2 Comments
Richard Lahey, who was a head of reactor safety research at General Electric when the company installed the units at Fukushima, said the workers, who have been pumping water into the three reactors in an attempt to keep the fuel rods from melting, appeared to have “lost the race” to save the reactor.
“I hope I am wrong, but that is certainly what the evidence is pointing towards.”
Question…. how serious could this be?
UPDATE: A bit more info at the Guardian
He said at least part of the molten core, which includes melted fuel rods and zirconium alloy cladding, seemed to have sunk through the steel “lower head” of the pressure vessel and on to the concrete floor below.
The major concern when molten fuel breaches a containment vessel is that it will react with the concrete floor of the drywell, releasing radioactive gases into the surrounding area. At Fukushima, the drywell has been flooded with seawater, which will cool any molten fuel that escapes from the reactor and reduce the amount of radioactive gas released.
Lahey said: “It won’t come out as one big glob; it’ll come out like lava, and that is good because it’s easier to cool.”
The drywell is surrounded by a secondary steel-and-concrete structure designed to keep radioactive material from escaping into the environment. But an earlier hydrogen explosion at the reactor may have damaged this.
“The reason we are concerned is that they are detecting water outside the containment area that is highly radioactive and it can only have come from the reactor core,” Lahey added. “It’s not going to be anything like Chernobyl, where it went up with a big fire and steam explosion, but it’s not going to be good news for the environment.”
The radiation level at a pool of water in the turbine room of reactor two was measured recently at 1,000 millisieverts per hour. At that level, workers could remain in the area for just 15 minutes, under current exposure guidelines.
Doesn’t sound good…
Source: Jawa Report
- Japan nuclear crisis: workers ‘losing race’ to save reactor (mypetjawa.mu.nu)
- Japan may have lost race to save nuclear reactor (guardian.co.uk)
- Expert Tells Guardian UK: “Japan may have lost race to save nuclear reactor” (skydancingblog.com)
- Japan losing/lost the race to save a reactor (texasvox.org)
- Nuclear Engineer Sees Evidence That Fuel Melted Through Reactor Pressure Vessel (spectrum.ieee.org)
- Fukushima engineers hampered by lack of power in fight to cool reactors (guardian.co.uk)
- “Japan May Have Lost Race to Bring Fukushima Nuke Plant Under Control” and related posts (wallstreetpit.com)
- Fukushima Is Definitely Worse than Three Mile island (delong.typepad.com)
- Expert: Workers Losing Reactor Battle (foxnews.com)
- Japan nuclear crisis: workers ‘losing race’ to save reactor (telegraph.co.uk)