October 28, 2011 § Leave a comment
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Quick Question. Isn’t Religion a metaphysical aspect of man which he chooses who/what to serve and pay reverence to?
So who are they to put an end to it. They didn’t create Religion, so why end it? I’ll be damned if this isn’t a another one of those conspiracies for world domination.
What’s your take?
- Pentagon Scientists Prepare A Vaccine Which Will End Religious Fundamentalism: FUNVAX Video Proof (altnewsreport.wordpress.com)
- Leaked Pentagon Video – Flu Vaccine Use to Modify Human Behavior (serpentsembrace.wordpress.com)
- HPV Vaccines not Monitored on Canadian Reservations (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
October 25, 2011 § Leave a comment
On Sunday, Tunisians went to the polls to elect a constituent assembly that will write the country’s new constitution.
Revolutions are still underway in other Arab nations – but the hope is that this election will pass peacefully, providing another Tunisian model for the rest of the Arab world to follow.
But much of the debate surrounding the elections has focused on the moderate Islamist party, Al-Nahda. It was banned in the 1980s by the former regime but pre-election polls indicate that it is likely to win the highest number of votes.
Some of its rivals accuse Al-Nahda of wanting to impose Islamic law in Tunisia. However, the party’s leaders say they will respect the choice of all Tunisians, secular and religious, and insist there is no contradiction between Islamic faith and democracy.
So what kind of government and what kind of constitution will emerge? And is this a template for the democratic process underway in neighbouring countries?
Inside Story, with presenter Mike Hanna, discusses with guests: Yusra Ghannouchi, a member of the Ennahda party and daughter of Rachid Ghannouchi; Ayesha Sabavala, an economist at the Economist Intelligence Unit; and Hall Gardner, a professor and chair of international and comparative politics at the American University of Paris.
“This is a historic day, Tunis was born again today, the Arab Spring was born again today, not in a negative way of toppling dictators but in a positive way of building democratic systems – a representative system which represents the people.”
Rachid Ghannouchi, the head of Al-Nahda Party
- The al-Nahda Party and the European Union (thehumantsunami.wordpress.com)
- Tunisia Islamist party reportedly leads election (sfgate.com)
- Matt Kaminski: On the Campaign Trail With Islamist Democrats (online.wsj.com)
October 25, 2011 § Leave a comment
October 25, 2011 § 1 Comment
Apparently someone in the Libyan resistance didn’t get the memo.
Interim leader Mustafa Abdel Jalil said on Sunday, during his speech to the nation in Benghazi to formally declare the country’s liberation from the ousted regime of Moammer Kadhafi, that sharia would be Libya’s principal law.”Any law that violates sharia is null and void legally,” he said, citing as an example the law on marriage passed during the slain dictator’s 42-year tenure that imposed restrictions on polygamy, which is permitted in Islam.
“The law of divorce and marriage… This law is contrary to sharia and it is stopped,” Abdel Jalil said.
…”It’s shocking and insulting to state, after thousands of Libyans have paid for freedom with their lives, that the priority of the new leadership is to allow men to marry in secret,” said Rim, 40, a Libyan feminist who requested anonymity.
The Muslima is out of order. She needs to get back in the kitchen until her Daddy decides who’s she is going to marry.
But all kidding aside there really is no way for Sharia to comply with universal human rights, as well as rights for women, minorities, due process and transparency. They are oil and water.
For the record I don’t agree with the Shaira BS they slipped into the Iraqi and Afghanistan constitutions either.
- Libya: Human rights – what role do they have in the country’s future? (appablog.wordpress.com)
- Sharia law declaration raises fears among women in new Libya (news.nationalpost.com)
- Shariah law declaration raises concerns in new Libya (calgaryherald.com)
May 21, 2011 § Leave a comment
Very interesting twist…
(CNN) — An Egyptian who was once a Special Forces officer has been appointed “caretaker” leader of al Qaeda in the wake of Osama bin Laden’sdeath, according to a source with detailed knowledge of the group’s inner workings.Al Qaeda’s interim leader is Saif al-Adel, who has long played a prominent role in the group…Benotman told CNN that based on his personal communications with militants and discussions on jihadist forums, al-Adel had been appointed interim chief of al Qaeda because the global jihadist community had grown restive in recent days about the lack of a formal announcement appointing a successor to bin Laden.
However, he said, the choice of an Egyptian may not sit well with some Saudi and Yemeni members of al Qaeda, who believe bin Laden’s successor should come from the Arabian Peninsula, a region that is holy to all Muslims. Bin Laden was from a wealthy Saudi family.
Get the popcorn ready…this should get interesting.
Update by Jane: In 2010 UBL named Saif Adel commander of external operations. The Montral Gazette noted at the time that,
“His strategy is to stage multiple small terror operations, using the resources of affiliates and allies wherever possible,” said Syed Saleem Shahzad, a Pakistani expert on al-Qaida..A U.S. counter-terrorism official said the idea was for “small but often attacks” that would hurt the West more than a “one-off terror spectacular”.In 2005, al-Adel wrote an al-Qaida planning document that holds clues to his thinking. The document said that Islamist movements failed because their “actions were mostly random”. It called for al-Qaida to focus on “the greater objective, which is the establishment of a state”.
Small frequent attacks is whats been going on in Yemen, which has been having a revolution to overthrow the government and establish a democratic state. Also confirmed today is the the high level of communication had been ongoing between bin Laden and al Qaeda in Yemen. See also see Saif al Adel’s ties to Iranian Revolutionary Guards and (Yemen based) UPS bomb plot .
The current leader of AQAP Nassir al Wuhayshi was declared leader of al Qaeda in the region by Ayman al-Zawahiri in November 2008. Wahishi, like Adel, spent time in Iran, starting in 2001. Wahishi was deported to Yemen in 2003 and jailed until he escaped in 2006. Adel, Saad bin Laden and his younger brother Mohammed reportedly lived in the same government guest house in Tehran for several years. Adel is thought to have been released along with Saed and relocated to Pakistan by 2010 .
Source: The Jawa Report
- Al Qaeda Chooses to Saif Al-adel as Interim Successor Osama Bin Laden (socyberty.com)
- Al Qaeda reportedly taps Saif al-Adel as successor, potentially signaling a rift (csmonitor.com)
- Egyptian Saif al-Adel now acting leader of al Qaeda, ex-militant says (ac360.blogs.cnn.com)
- Osama bin Laden killed: Saif al-Adel acting as al-Qaeda’s ‘caretaker leader’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- The New Osama bin Laden: An Egyptian Man? (theroot.com)
- After bin Laden: who will lead al Qaeda? (longwarjournal.org)
- Bin Laden death means possible power struggle in al Qaeda (cnn.com)
- Q&A: al Qaeda’s power struggle (cnn.com)
- Al Qaeda names Saif al-Adel as interim chief: report (nationalpost.com)
- America, Meet Your New Bad Guy: Saif al-Adel Named Acting Leader Of al Qaeda (mediaite.com)
April 10, 2011 § 2 Comments
Really as bad as this:
Highly respected evangelical pastor John Piper made a startling yet insightful comment Tuesday when he compared the burning of the Islamic holy book to crucifying Christ.His comment comes amid reports that at least 24 people have died, including seven United Nations employees, in Afghanistan since Friday over the burning of the Koran by a fringe Florida pastor in March.
It wasn’t a burning of the Quran, it was the burning of a Quran. There are millions like it. Paper with ink printed on it. Easily duplicated and replaced. Unlike the life of a human being.
Pastor Piper will make a splendid dhimmi.
Source: Jawa Report
- 2 of 11 Killed in Deadly Attack on U.N. Office at Koran-Burning Protest Were Beheaded (lebs295.wordpress.com)
- Welsh politician arrested for Quran burning (cbsnews.com)
- Send Pastor Terry Jones to Afghanistan to Burn a Quran (secularnewsdaily.com)
- John Piper: ‘Koran-burning is parallel to Christ-crucifying’ (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- Guess What Happens If You Burn A Koran In The UK (businessinsider.com)
- Afghan riots, killings over Quran-burning continue (secularnewsdaily.com)
- Pastor Burns Quran, 8 UN Workers Die As A Result? (michellegilstrap.wordpress.com)
- Qur’an burning – What I think (thestudentreview.co.uk)