August 2017 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Sierra Leone mudslide survivors share tales of grief, horror, loss August 20, 2017
- Death toll mounts amid cholera fears August 19, 2017Sierra Leone is facing significant health challenges after this week's devastating mudslides claimed nearly 500 lives, a government official said, with the number of dead expected to rise.
- New mudslide threat looms August 18, 2017Officials in Sierra Leone say there is a growing threat of a new landslide, just days after a mudslide on the capital's outskirts left more than 330 dead. CNN's Farai Sevenzo has more.
- How you can help August 21, 2017
- Grace Mugabe home after alleged assault on model August 21, 2017Zimbabwean first lady Grace Mugabe returned home Sunday from South Africa where she was accused of assaulting a model with an electric cable, public broadcaster ZBC reported.
- Minibus crash in S.Africa leaves 18 dead August 20, 2017Emergency responders found more than a dozen bodies lying around an overturned minibus near a bridge in eastern South Africa Sunday, according to a news release from a private emergency services company.
- Buhari returns to Nigeria after medical treatment August 19, 2017President Muhammadu Buhari returned to Nigeria on Saturday after spending more than three months in London seeking medical treatment.
- Peacekeeper, workers killed in attack on UN missions August 15, 2017A total of eight people were killed Monday in two separate attacks on the United Nations mission in Mali, according to the UN.
- Nigeria: At least 30 people killed in attack August 16, 2017At least 30 people were killed and more than 80 others injured in a triple suicide attack Tuesday in the town of Mandarari, in Nigeria's Borno State, according to civilian vigilantes fighting Boko Haram Islamists in the area.
- Tourists return to Tunisia after terror August 15, 2017Tunisia is still counting the cost of the worst terror attacks in its modern history.
- Former Al-Shabaab deputy leader surrenders August 13, 2017Former Al-Shabaab deputy leader and spokesman Mukhtar Robow Ali surrendered to Somali authorities on Sunday, according to a state official.
- Attack on birthday party in restaurant kills 18 August 15, 2017
- Deadly violence in wake of Kenya vote August 13, 2017
- Nigerian President 'well enough' to return home August 13, 2017
- Dozens killed in Egyptian train collision August 12, 2017Two trains collided in Alexandria, Egypt, leaving at least 20 dead and 74 wounded, according to Egypt's Health Ministry, via state-run Al-Ahram news.
- Uhuru Kenyatta wins new term as President August 12, 2017
- What's worrying African millennials? August 17, 2017
- 40,000-year-old culture in crisis August 16, 2017Deep in the Dja Faunal Reserve in southeast Cameroon, Baka Pygmies endeavor to live as they have always done: off the forest and firmly within it.
- Africa leaps into space race August 10, 2017
- Lemi Ghariokwu: How I designed Fela Kuti's album covers August 2, 2017
Tags2012 2012 phenomenon Afghanistan Africa Arts Bakassi Bamenda Biya Buea California Cameroon Cameroon Peoples Democratic Movement Cameroon Politics CNN Conditions and Diseases Conspiracy Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura CPDM Democracy Douala Earth Earthquake Education Election Elections in Cameroon God Government HAARP Health High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program History Homosexuality Illuminati Islam Japan Japan Meteorological Agency Jawa Report Jesse Ventura Jesus John Fru Ndi Lady Gaga Libya Life Love Michael Jackson Music Music industry Muslim Mysticism NASA Natural disaster New World Order Nuclear power Pain Paul Biya Philosophy Qur'an Reality Recreation Religion and Spirituality Romance Secret society Sects Sharia Social Democratic Front Technology Television United Nations United States United States Geological Survey University of Buea vodpod World War II Yaoundé YouTube
Last Man Standing™