June 2017 M T W T F S S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Report predicts world's population will hit staggering 9.8B by 2050 June 26, 2017Nigeria will overtake the United States to become the third most populous country in the world by 2050, according to a United Nations report.
- Embezzlement trial reveals African vice president's opulent lifestyle June 23, 2017The son of Equatorial Guinea's President is on trial in France for splurging on a Parisian mansion, a private jet and a fleet of luxury cars using tens of millions of dollars he allegedly looted from his country.
- Priyanka Chopra: How you fight rape stigma June 23, 2017Africaid and UNICEF are working to empower rape victims and break the cycle and stigma of sexual abuse through counseling, education, and health care throughout Africa, says Priyanka Chopra.
- Work begins on Africa's tallest skyscraper in Nairobi to open by 2019 June 26, 2017The mighty peaks of Kilimanjaro and Kenya are the highest points in Africa, towering over the East Coast nations.
- Ancient Egyptian's toe is early prosthetic June 22, 2017A wooden big toe that enabled a priest's daughter to walk around 3,000 years ago has been found to be even more complex than researchers believed. It is thought to be one of the oldest prosthetic devices ever found.
- Perfect feast: The healthy way to celebrate Eid June 25, 2017After 30 days of fasting, nutrition experts tell CNN the best things to eat, and when to eat them, to ensure people celebrate the feast day of Eid al-Fitr in good health.
- Risk of polio spread spikes in DRC June 15, 2017Two separate outbreaks of polio have been reported in remote parts of the Democratic Republic of Congo, a setback for large-scale efforts to eradicate the highly infectious and potentially fatal disease.
- DNA unlocks secrets of Ancient Egyptians June 23, 2017
- The African speakers at TEDGlobal 2017 June 23, 2017TEDGlobal has released a preview list of speakers for its four day conference in Arusha, Tanzania this August, the first conference on the continent for a decade.
- US conducts airstrikes on Al-Shabaab June 11, 2017The Pentagon said it conducted an air strike against the Al-Shabaab group in Somalia early Sunday morning.
- Worst drought in century hits Cape Town June 1, 2017The worst drought in a century is forcing the most stringent water restrictions ever implemented for South Africa's second largest city.
- Egypt, Gulf states cut ties with Qatar June 5, 2017Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt have broken diplomatic relations with Qatar over what they say is the country's support of terrorism.
- Memorial service for Ivory Coast star Tiote June 12, 2017Chinese club Beijing Enterprises FC is set to hold a memorial service on Tuesday for former Ivory Coast and Newcastle footballer Cheick Tiote.
- The wonders of Egypt June 22, 2017
- The abolitionist fighting to free Mauritania's slaves June 21, 2017He's the grandson of a slave and he's founded a mass anti-slavery movement, been jailed three times, and run for president of his home nation, Mauritania.
- Nigeria's newest airline prepares for take off June 15, 2017Nigeria's aviation industry has suffered a prolonged
- Sulley Muntari: Ghanaian would back player boycott protesting racism May 8, 2017Footballer Sulley Muntari has said he would be the "No.1" supporter of any organized player boycott in protest against what he believes are increasing incidents of racism in the sport.
- Nigerians accuse Damien Hirst of copying ancient art at Venice Biennale May 11, 2017English artist Damien Hirst has been called out for cultural appropriation after his exhibition "Treasures from the Wreck of the Unbelievable," featured a 'golden head' which mirrors sculpted heads created by African artists from Ile-Ife Nigeria, with no reference to the origin.
- 5 of Africa's best national parks May 16, 2017From sheltering some of the globe's most endangered species to showcasing astonishing patterns of migration, Africa's national parks are among the world's most spectacular.
- Barbie gets a makeover in Nigeria May 1, 2017Haneefa Adam adds a Muslim twist to the Mattel toy
- Report predicts world's population will hit staggering 9.8B by 2050 June 26, 2017
Tags2012 2012 phenomenon Afghanistan Africa Arts Bakassi Bamenda Biya Buea California Cameroon Cameroon Peoples Democratic Movement Cameroon Politics CNN Conditions and Diseases Conspiracy Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura CPDM Democracy Douala Earth Earthquake Education Election Elections in Cameroon God Government HAARP Health High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program History Homosexuality Illuminati Islam Japan Japan Meteorological Agency Jawa Report Jesse Ventura Jesus John Fru Ndi Lady Gaga Libya Life Love Michael Jackson Music Music industry Muslim Mysticism NASA Natural disaster New World Order Nuclear power Pain Paul Biya Philosophy Qur'an Reality Recreation Religion and Spirituality Romance Secret society Sects Sharia Social Democratic Front Technology Television United Nations United States United States Geological Survey University of Buea vodpod World War II Yaoundé YouTube
Last Man Standing™