I think the old dude is hiding his prayer bump/bruise, just sayin…
Via Herald Sun
ISLAMIST protesters armed with swords, daggers and bats have attacked police in the Jordanian city of Zarqa, wounding 51 of them, as 32 other police suffered from tear gas inhalation, the country’s police chief said.
Lieutenant General Hussein Majali told a news conference: “Fifty-one policemen, including senior officers, were stabbed with knives, beaten with bats or hit with sharp tools, while 32 other policemen were treated for tear gas inhalation”.
He said: “Eight civilians were also hurt when police fired tear gas and tried to stop Islamist Salafist demonstrators from attacking shoppers in Zarqa”, adding that 17 protesters were arrested and police are searching for more people.
“It was clear that the demonstrators had plans to clash with police. They carried swords and daggers and were provocative, seeking to drag police into a bloody confrontation.”[More]All the peaceful salafists want is Sharia Law, that’s all.
Oh, and their buds accused of terrorism sprung from the pokey (cornhole) place.
Source: Jawa Report.
- Islamists Clash With Supporters of Jordan’s King (nytimes.com)
- New Wave Of Jordan Protests Leaves Dozens Injured (huffingtonpost.com)
- Dozens wounded as protesters clash in Jordan (sfgate.com)
- Jordan: Islamic supremacists attack police, shoppers with swords, daggers (jihadwatch.org)
- Dozens wounded in Jordan clashes (bbc.co.uk)
- Jordan police questions 70 Muslim militants (seattletimes.nwsource.com)