Drugged, Raped And Jailed – In “Moderate” Islamic UAE!!
March 31, 2011 § Leave a comment
Why does this not surprise me? Maybe it’s because I have taken the time to learn a bit about Islam, which any person visiting an Islamic country or region should do.
Apparently, this woman did no research at all. Or, if she did, she accepted the PC mainstream media version.
From news.au.com (all emphasis mine):
Ms Gali, a salon manager at the resort, said she had been in the staff bar, where she was told she could legally drink, when another employee put ice in her drink.She said it was the last thing she remembered before waking the next day in her room with painful injuries.
“I didn’t know what had happened. I was traumatized, I felt ill. I didn’t even remember getting there or what had happened,” Ms Gali said.
She said it was only when she took herself to hospital did she realise she had been sexually assaulted.
Later she learned she had been heard screaming and security guards had found men hiding in her room, where she was naked and unconscious.
When she was discharged from hospital she was asked to go to a police station to make a statement and then speak in front of a judge.
“I realised when I was put in a police car that I was being taken to jail.”
Ms Gali said she was never warned by her UAE employers that she could be charged with adultery and face prison if she complained of being raped, without having four adult male Muslim witnesses.
“I didn’t even know what the charges were until five months into my sentence,” Ms Gali said.
Three of the men Ms Gali claimed sexually abused her were jailed, but for adultery and not rape.
After serving eight months of a 12-month sentence, Ms Gali was pardoned and released and flew home in March 2009.
She did not deserve what happened to her. But that doesn’t excuse her own lack of responsibility. In today’s internet age of instant information, there is no excuse for anyone to go ignorantly into harm’s way. The Islamic law that citizens and visitors are subjected to in any Islamic society – including the most “moderate” – is available to anyone with internet access.
You just have to be willing to seek the truth and not get sidetracked by political correctness.
BTW, didn’t the “Sex in the City” gals go to the UAE to tell us how erotically wonderful it was there?
Source: Jawa Report
- Woman, 29, sues UAE hotel after rape then JAILED for sex outside of marriage (dailymail.co.uk)
- Woman, 29, sues UAE five-star hotel after she was raped… then JAILED for having sex outside of marriage (dailymail.co.uk)
- Is Marginally Winning: Drugged, raped, then jailed for ‘adultery’ | smh.com.au (m.smh.com.au)
- Brisbane woman sues UAE hotel (news.theage.com.au)
- Rape victim sues UAE luxury hotel (news.theage.com.au)
- George Galis la TVRi (Bucuresti 2009)…faze din Biblioteca (rodiagnusdei.wordpress.com)
- Bangladeshi 14-year old girl raped by cousin, charged under sharia, lashed to death (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
- Cleric jailed for raping young boy (mirror.co.uk)
- Because Only An “Honorable” Man Would Beat His Wife (lebs295.wordpress.com)
- Brisbane rape victim sues luxury hotel (news.ninemsn.com.au)