China and Russia Call for immediate cease-fire in Libya!
March 23, 2011 § 4 Comments
WOW!…Wonder what’s gonna happen here? What if the US say NO!
So many questions:
Latest…And now for ABC News:
China calls for immediate cease-fire in Libya
All parties must “immediately cease-fire and resolve issues through peaceful means,” Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said at a regularly scheduled news conference, citing unconfirmed reports that the airstrikes had caused civilian deaths.
During Gates’s Visit, Russian Defense Minister Calls for Immediate Cease-Fire
“Unfortunately, recent developments in the country demonstrate that it is experiencing real hostilities, destroying civilian facilities, and the killing of civilians,” Serdyukov said. “This shouldn’t have been let to happen and we informed our U.S. counterparts of our opposition.”
And here’s another interesting development:
“North Korea also Tuesday urged an immediate halt to the airstrikes. An unidentified Foreign Ministry spokesman said they were “a wanton violation of Libya’s sovereignty and a hideous crime against humanity.” ”
Now we can question:
No need to panic over Chinese warship off coast of Libya!
One of the most ironic developments in the Libyan crisis is the reaction of American military pundits to China dispatching a warship to the Mediterranean Sea.
The warship Xuzhou, which media outlets described as a “4,000-ton frigate, fully armed with air defence missiles,” or simply as a “Chinese missile ship,” would appear to a layperson to be both massive and powerful. The rationale that American analysts give for the Chinese deploying the Xuzhou is “projecting China’s power off the coast of Libya.”
- China calls for immediate cease-fire, end of airstrikes in Libya – The Canadian Press (news.google.com)
- US jet crashes in Libya, but pilots safe; Gates sees airstrikes slowing soon – Washington Post (news.google.com)
- Libya: China Calls for Immediate Cease-Fire (time.com)
- China calls for immediate cease-fire in Libya (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- China calls for immediate cease fire in Libya, after abstaining on the UN resolution authorizing military action (americablog.com)
- China calls for immediate cease-fire in Libya (foxnews.com)
- Moscow calls for cease-fire in Libya as Gates visits – CNN International (news.google.com)
- Russia rebukes Gates, demands “immediate cease fire” in Libya (hotair.com)
- Colonel Gaddafi orders a cease-fire in Libya (rt.com)
- China Steps Up Denunciations of Bombing Campaign Against Libyan Military (nytimes.com)